PROACTUS is a web-based paperless registry operations, correspondence, file and case tracking system that was developed to facilitate the management of communications and case data in a centralised depository for processing, reporting and planning purposes both within an organisation or agency and across multiple agencies.
In addition to the many features necessary for an efficient information communication management solution such as workflow technology, automatic routing and reminders, file tracking, case progress tracking, and reports, the new solution has incorporated a completely new user “dashboard” interface, support for inter-agency mail routing, a new search engine, and mobile-web features. Users are now able to manage and track ‘mails’ (any information attached and sent through the system e.g. emails, letters, videos) and ‘cases’ (groupings of related correspondences e.g. for a particular project or event) more efficiently than ever before.
How it works
The solution consists of three main modules - Mail Management, File Management and Case Management. The filing and tracking process can begin in one of several ways, when an incoming mail is received electronically; when physical correspondence is scanned and attached; or when non-mail information (SMS, verbal communication, newspaper clippings, audio recordings) is received. Once the mail item is registered, the Registry Officer can file the item and route it to the relevant parties for their action. Registry Officers are also able to categorically file the registered mail item into a virtual filing cabinet.
“Cases” can also be created by a Case Officer based on the mail received. This is a new and neat way of grouping mail items with a similar subject matter together. Each day, PROACTUS will send reminders to both the sender and recipients if no action has been taken after a certain period of time. Outgoing Mail can be drafted by any Action Officer. These drafts can then be sent to an authorized person for vetting. Once vetted, the outgoing mail can be filed and dispatched via PROACTUS and/or dispatch staff.
- Speeds up the process of Correspondence Recording and Tracking, which includes mails, documents and files.
- Provides a better means for data dissemination where each Agency or Registry will be able to create and manage their own cases.
- Allows comprehensive tracking, reporting and monitoring of cases within an agency
- Expedites the process of action and mail routing between agencies
- Expedites the process of action and document routing between officers
- Provides fast searching of files and mail
- Access to your mail and files via PCs or mobile devices
- Access to your mail and files anytime, anywhere
- Centralized dashboard that shows all pending tasks
- Computerized file registry and mail tracking administration